Thursday 21 November 2013

X-Factor Pillow Swap

I finally found time to join in on a round of the X-Factor Pillow Swap on Flickr. It's such a fun idea. Each round has a theme - this round it was 'low volume.' You make a pillow/cushion cover to that theme, email a picture and the details to Tiina who posts all the pictures up so no one knows who made them.

At the end of the deadline voting begins and you get your first or second or third choice etc based on how many votes the cushion cover you made got (I think). And then it gets posted out to you and you still have no idea which one you are getting until it arrives.

It's really hard though to rate the cushions in order but there was one in particular that I just loved. It was the simplicity of the piecing and the lovely quilting and it turned up on my door-step.

Made by Melissa at Cut.Sew.Press.Love

And I made this one...


...which has just arrived at its new home in New Zealand with Adrianne at On The Windy Side.

Round 8's theme is 'log cabin and text.' The deadline isn't until 25 January so that's oodles of time to create something fab.

Are you in?

18 comments:

  1. I am definitely in! Thank you thank you again for your gorgeous contribution!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love them both, clever twist on a swap idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both your pillow and the one you got is lovely. How nice that yours went to Adrianne.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both of those pillows are lovely. I LOVE the blocks you used in your pillow!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Total win win situation there.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow. Both of those are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful pillows, and it is such a great swap idea!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great idea! I would love to participate!
    Esther
    esthersipatchandquilt@yahoo.com
    ipatchandquilt.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh that sounds like such a fun swap. I love both pillows and particularly the quilting on both of them, they are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Stunning work as always Alison.

    ReplyDelete
  11. sounds like a fun idea but I already have more cushions that I know what to do with!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. wow, do I ever love your cushion!!! and the one you got is remarkable, as well. you're right about the simplicity and quilting - I can see why you chose it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ooh lucky you Alison and your partner too! What fab cushions both! How wonderful to be in such good company!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fabulous pillows! I especially love your dense cross-hatch quilting. What a fun way to swap pillows, I haven't heard of this - with the voting. On my way over to Flickr to check it out!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful pillows, both coming and going!

    ReplyDelete

01 09 10