Monday 3 October 2011

Words quilt finish

Many hours of hand quilting later I got to this:

Excuse smudge on lens which makes the pink bit look a bit smeary.

But I just didn't feel it was quilted enough.

So I carried on.


I still think you can transform a quilt so much by densely quilting it.

And then I think the point was reached where both myself and the quilt felt we had spent enough time together and we agreed to stop.


So I could move on to the next quilt.

Kona White with one triangle pieced into the back.







Linking up with {Sew} Modern Monday at Canoe Ridge 
Creations

22 comments:

  1. Beautiful. Great idea with the single triangles on the top and bottom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing. Really beautiful! LOVE all the different neutral text prints.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, so pretty! This looks like a vintage treasure. I love your fabric choices.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it and the quilting is perfection!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love dense quilting, especially how it looks on the back

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE the look of this! Great finish :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my... this quilt is whole quilted by hand? You're amazing! (and the quilt of course is amazing too:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this quilt Alison - just imagining you having a conversation with it to decide when to stop quilting.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a labour of love. You did a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I LOVE your quilt! Especially the back, and the pink diamond on the front - gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awesome job! It looks great. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is amazing! I love the hand quilting. LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete
  13. It is perfect. Love your hand quilting (and admire your patience for it).

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the mix of fabrics and the quilting brings it to another level!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I LOVE this so much. I may have to pop on a ferry and steel it way from you! You've used a fantastic selection of texty fabrics!

    ReplyDelete
  16. The quilting certainly does transform the top - well done you!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love this quilt, It looks so old, loved and much cuddled!
    Not my colours, but I love it!
    And nicely quilted

    ReplyDelete

01 09 10