Tuesday 30 August 2011

I'm a bag lady

All this week, Kristie is hosting a Bag Lady Week.


I'm Miss Tuesday so pop over and see what I'm making.


The only thing that seems to tempt me off quilting is a good bag.

I just made this one.


As soon as I saw the new 'Hometown' fabric and that you could also get it in canvas, resistance was pointless.

The pattern comes from this book. The bag is the one featured on the front cover.

It requires laminate fabric for the interior. Quite fortuitously, I had some left over from a cover I made for the kitchen table.


For more bags, go and see Chief Bag Lady, Kristie.








13 comments:

  1. That is gorgeous! And I love the polka dot lining, although it does beg the question, what do you plan on carrying that requires oilcloth inside? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the fabric in the bag!
    And what a view on your header picture. Wow !
    I love how you change it all the time too....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great bag!

    Love the header. One of my husband's life goals is to have our own Guernsey cows. Ours wouldn't have a view like that though. Beautiful!

    And I love your neutral quilt. Is it for one of the future Island babies?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm anxiously awaiting the arrival of my Hometown canvas!
    Your bag looks fab!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love - wow they do hometown in other substrates? Be still my beating heart.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love that bag! REALLY love. Great fabrics and I love the webbing you used for the handles...link, please!

    I will concur that you are a Bag...but a Lady? Hmmm...

    (LOL!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's lovely, gorgeous choice of fabrics!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Tutorial is great - the picture of your work area made me laugh. I am desperately waiting for my local shop to get Hometown in because of course I really do need new fabric . .

    ReplyDelete
  9. your headline photo is always such a hoot ... makes me smile EVERY time!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for stopping by my blog and following. I love your blog! The pic in your header is gorgeous. Love your work!
    xo
    Kelli

    ReplyDelete

01 09 10